There is much blogging going on about the to-be-released-tomorrow "Google Talk" (check here or here and in the press: LA Times or NYT ). Why not ask the current Google Talk project (a "Google Hack" iterating search on your original words)? Weird idea, I know, that's my geeky side. So I asked: google talk is which was expanded in a few iteration in: google talk is a long- Time Ago In A galaxy Far, far Away By SOON to be released! Hmm... can we rely on computers as oracles? Let us (good old human beings) use our superior intellect instead: 1. Skype's team didn't sell at $3bn. 2. Google wants to raise $4bn. 1+2= Could Google be buying Skype in the near future? Is the human brain (or at least mine) too prone to imagination? ;)
Great place to shoot a movie. If someone could translate the comments and let me know where it is, that'd be great - just add a comment. I tried Google Language Tools but this service is hopeless (to be fair it's only available in beta for Japanese). :)
Experts and specialists like to predict the fall of Google for any reason. But I think this time it's true: the FT announced yesterday in an article intitled "Google chef Ayers set to resign." that: Google is losing the creative genius that feeds the minds of its 3,000 employees. Yep, Google's chef is about to start its own restaurant. I found the news amusing but when you think about it, this is just an example of the post-IPO brain drain. Loosing their chef (banking the options he got since joining in 1999) is no big deal apart from the company culture point of view, however more key people have already left or about to leave. This is not going to cause the fall of Google but in a company where creativity, passion and difference have been at the heart of the culture, I think there is a risk of losing a lot of talented people who are prone to pursue their passions now that they have secured enough cash for the rest of their lives.
Comments