Free as a Bird?

I don’t want to evoke the (bad? awkward?) Beatles post-John-Lennon-mortem song but bird is no more synonymous of Freedom for the European commuter in these days of avian flu fear.

For the first time today, I had to walk in a one-person line with all the passengers of my train in the Eurostar arrival corridor while a dog was sniffing the queue. I presume they were looking for birds being imported. That’s my theory as this is the first time I see this kind of security at Waterloo and as a parrot had just been reported to die from the dreaded H5N1 strain of bird flu at a UK quarantine centre. Then it could be a drug or terrorism fighting reason but is there such a thing as coincidences?

To end on a more cheerful note, maybe we should blame Jimi Hendrix and not the Beatles, according to that BBC article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Google Talk... and Skype?

One Year

Jurassic Park